The Sr. Wireless RF Engineer will lead the wireless system design, development and manufacturing transfer of wireless products and establish the company’s design and test capabilities and tools. S/He will have an exciting and diverse set of R&D responsibilities as well as support manufacturing and others on training and product knowledge. S/He must have the technical expertise, leadership and communication skills to drive work both independently and in cross-functional teams to deliver high performance, high quality wireless products on time and within budget. S/He should relish the challenges of getting technology to work and demonstrate unwavering tenacity, creativity and problem-solving skills to create and deliver products that improve people’s lives and provide the best user experience imaginable.
- Lead wireless system design and development, verification/validation, certification and manufacturing transfer throughout the product development process.
- Lead technical input to wireless product requirements and risk assessments.
- Lead testing and troubleshooting of wireless system designs to characterize and optimize the system level performance.
- Drive innovation and technology development of wireless systems for hearing aids, hearing aid accessories and wireless applications.
- Develop wireless system design and test capabilities and tools and drive their continuous improvement.
- Support the transfer of products and knowledge into manufacturing, education and training, sales and customer service.
- Mentor and provide work direction to junior engineers and technicians.
Minimum education, certification and experience requirements:
- MSEE and 4 years of experience or BSEE and 6 years of experience designing and manufacturing short range wireless systems required.
- Wireless system modeling and simulation experience required.
- RF antenna design and optimization for body worn devices experience required.
- Data and audio over BLE and classic Bluetooth product design experience required.
- Audio codecs and audio transmission protocols experience required.
- Wireless data networking environments and relevant standards experience desired.
- Experience designing and manufacturing Class II wireless hearing aids and accessories or related low-voltage, wireless consumer electronics highly desired.
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of low-power-radio design required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of RF design and test tools such as CST, HFSS and LabView.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of international wireless standards and regulations.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of using oscilloscope, signal generator, spectrum analyzer and network analyzer tools.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Resourceful self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Normal office and lab conditions. Mobile work flexibility available.
Some US or international travel may be required.