The Sr. Wireless RF Engineer is responsible for RF simulations, design, development and manufacturing support of our BLE wireless products. S/He will have exciting and challenging R&D responsibilities in product design as well and help establish the company’s RF design and test capabilities. S/He must have the technical expertise, leadership and ambition to engage with interdisciplinary cross-functional teams and deliver premium, direct-to-consumer wireless products on time and within budget. S/He should relish the challenges of getting technology to work and demonstrate unwavering tenacity, creativity and problem-solving skills to create and deliver products that improve people’s lives and provide the best user experience imaginable.
- RF simulation, design, development, and manufacturing transfer activities on BLE hearing products and accessories.
- Testing and troubleshooting of wireless antenna and BLE system designs to characterize and optimize real-world system level performance.
- Technology and IP development on RF antennas and systems for hearing aids, hearing aid accessories and wireless applications.
- Support wireless system design and test capabilities and tools and drive their continuous improvement.
- Support the transfer of products and knowledge into manufacturing, education and training, sales and customer service.
Minimum education, certification and experience requirements:
- MSEE and 4 years of experience or BSEE and 6 years of experience designing and manufacturing RF antenna and short-range wireless systems required.
- Wireless RF system modeling and simulation experience required.
- RF antenna design, PCB layout and optimization for body worn devices required.
- Data and audio over BLE and classic Bluetooth product design experience required.
- Audio codecs and audio transmission protocols experience desired.
- Wireless data networking environments and relevant standards experience desired
- Experience designing and manufacturing Class II wireless hearing aids and accessories or related low-voltage, wireless consumer electronics highly desired.
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of low-power-radio design required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of RF design and test tools such as CST, HFSS and LabView.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of BLE protocol, wireless standards and regulations.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of oscilloscope, signal generator, spectrum analyzer and network analyzer tools.
- Resourceful self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Normal office and lab conditions. Mobile work flexibility available.
Some US or international travel may be required.