The Sr. Software/Mobile App Engineer will lead the development of a multitude of software applications and establish Novidan’s capability and tools for software design, build and test. S/He will have an exciting and diverse set of R&D responsibilities in a startup company in areas such as iOS and Android mobile apps, manufacturing software and R&D test software. S/He must have the technical expertise, leadership and communication skills to drive work both independently and in cross-functional teams, to deliver high performance, high quality software on time and in budget. S/He should relish the challenges of getting technology to work and demonstrate unwavering tenacity, creativity and problem-solving skills to create, release and maintain software that improve people’s lives and provide the best user experience imaginable.
- Develop iOS and Android mobile apps and features with easy, intuitive UI and positive UX and release, and maintain them on the Apple App and Google Play stores.
- Develop, deploy and maintain manufacturing software and features for optimal accuracy and efficiency.
- Coordinate effectively with software partners to deliver projects meeting requirements, on time and in budget.
- Lead testing and troubleshooting of software designs and features to characterize and optimize the system level performance.
- Own the software development, maintenance, risk assessment and configuration management processes in compliance with IEC 62304.
- Establish the tools for software design, build and test capabilities and drive their continuous improvement.
- Support the knowledge transfer of software products and features into manufacturing, education and training, sales and customer service.
- Mentor and provide work direction to junior engineers.
Education and Certification(s) Required
BS in Computer Science/Engineering and minimum 2 years of experience creating mobile apps for iOS and Android or equivalent experience
MS in Computer Science/Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of experience in mobile application development for iOS and Android using SWIFT and/or Objective-C and Kotlin and/or Java.
- Minimum 2 years of experience programming in C++ or C#.
- Experience with both the iOS and Android SDKs required.
- Experience with Apple and Google Play store submission and review process required.
- Experience developing software and mobile apps for Class II wireless BLE hearing aids or similar wireless Bluetooth consumer electronics (hearables) highly desired.
- Experience in User Experience (UX) analysis and design highly desired.
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation desired.
- Experience with mobile memory management desired.
- Experience working with agile methodologies desired.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of iOS SDK and Swift or Objective-C.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Android SDK and Kotlin or Java.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of C++ or C#.
- Beginner to intermediate knowledge of RxSwift and RxJava.
- Knowledge of ISO 62304 standard for medical device software highly desired.
Skills / Abilities Required
- Excellent debugging and performance optimization skills.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Working Environment & Culture
Normal office and laboratory conditions. Mobile work flexibility available.
Some company financial, supplier pricing, intellectual property and trade secrets.
Less than 10%. Some US or international travel may be required.