The Senior Mechanical Engineer is responsible for designing new products and ensuring they meet performance, quality, manufacturing, requirements. This highly skilled individual must be self-motivated, driven, think independently and work well with the team.
- Create mechanical requirements for hearing aids and accessories
- Design new hearing aids and accessories in alignment with requirements.
- Collaborate with Industrial Designers to bring design aesthetics into reality.
- Interface with external suppliers to develop and implement new products and technologies.
- Perform and supervise design verification and validation testing ensuring requirements and expectations are met.
- Properly identify areas of high risk and mitigated with appropriate risk mitigation plans.
- Lead design reviews.
- Provide accurate design documentation through CAD models, drawings, and reports.
- Perform other duties commensurate with a “senior” or “principal” engineer role.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree required.
Senior Level: 5+ years engineering experience required. Medical device industry experience a plus.
Principal Level: 10+ years engineering experience in the medical device industry.
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Advanced proficiency with solid modeling CAD software (Solidworks or Creo) required.
- Intermediate proficiency with FEA tools required.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
- Intermediate knowledge of injection molding processing and tooling required.
- Advanced knowledge of materials including thermoplastics, elastomers, and silicone, desired.
- Intermediate knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing desired.
- Intermediate understanding of acoustics desired.
Normal office and laboratory conditions. Mobile work flexibility available.
Less than 10%. Some US or international travel may be required.
- Comprehensive Medical Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k Program
- Flexible Mobile Work Schedules
- Casual Dress Code
Apply Now! Please email your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Novidan is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.