The Sr. Hardware Technician will lead the assembly, test and troubleshooting of prototype and production hearing aids for Mechanical, Electroacoustic and Wireless design. He/She will assist design and manufacturing engineers in risk assessment and mitigation. Activities will include: design for manufacturing, prototype assembly and test, technical documentation and manufacturing support for assembly and test operations.
- Assist in defining manufacturing procedures and assembly fixtures.
- Assist in mechanical, electroacoustic and wireless design and documentation.
- Assemble, program and test prototypes and new products.
- Troubleshoot and improve product designs and assembly methods.
- Assist in developing and documenting test procedures.
- Assist in failure analysis and reports.
- Provide training for manufacturing assembly and test personnel.
- Provide manufacturing support for assembly and test with a focus on continuous improvement.
Education & Experience
A 2-year associates degree in electronics or equivalent experience required. A degree or training in audio or sound engineering is also highly desired.
Minimum 5 years of experience assembling and testing medical or consumer electronics required. Experience with wireless hearing aids and accessories or equivalent experience with low-voltage, wireless consumer audio devices highly desired.
Job Knowledge and Skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of electroacoustic test equipment.
- Self-starter, resourceful and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent soldering and product assembly skills under a microscope.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Normal office and lab conditions.
Less than 10%. Some US or international travel may be required.
- Comprehensive Medical Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k Program
- Flexible Mobile Work Schedules
- Casual Dress Code
Apply Now! Please email your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Novidan is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.